COVID-19 Market & Event Safety
In an effort to keep shoppers, vendors, and managers as safe as possible while continuing to offer great Arts & Crafts to our communities, and to adhere to social distancing requirements in DC, Maryland, and Virginia, Troy Promotions is implementing the following safety protocols at all of our events. Managers will remind all event participants to follow these expectations.
All customers are expected to comply with these safety rules in order to enter and enjoy our event space, including mandatory mask requirements. As a private organization, Troy Promotions has the right to implement additional safety measures beyond the regulations required by any local or state rulings, in accordance with CDC guidance to ensure public safety at our events. Due to the fact that it is impossible to maintain six feet of social distance within some of our events space at all times, Troy Promotions requires every customer to wear a face mask or covering without exception. Customers unwilling or unable to wear a mask will not be allowed to enter our event space. Face shields are not an acceptable alternative to masks. Those with medical conditions will be offered alternative accommodations whenever feasible. Children under the age of two are exempt from wearing a mask.
Under the Americans with Disabilities Act, a private business must consider reasonable modifications to their face mask policy in order to accommodate individuals with a disability. However, the business is not required to allow an individual with a disability to enter if it poses a direct threat to the health or safety of others. As such, we reserve the right to deny entry to any individual refusing to wear a face mask for any reason. We will, however, do our best to provide you with reasonable accommodations such as pre-order/pickup whenever possible. Our ability to offer reasonable accommodations may vary by event location depending on a variety of factors including customer volume and staff availability.
● Keep your market visit simple and short; buy what you need and do not linger, socialize, or congregate in the market space.
● Households should have no more than one or two people in their shopping group. If possible, leave children and vulnerable family members at home.
● No pets are permitted at our events.
● Wear a mask of some sort before entering the market space, in accordance with the CDC recommendation regarding the use of cloth face coverings.
● Wash your hands (for 20 seconds) when you enter the event. We have handwashing stations available!
● Maintain a distance of at least 6 feet from other shoppers, especially when in line. Market managers will be reminding shoppers to keep their distance.
● Pre-order with your favorite vendors as much as possible for quick and contact-free pickup at the event.
● Limit your time in vendor tents! Aim to get in and out of the event in under 30 minutes.
● Try to attend the event later in the day, when attendance is lower.
● If you are sick, or a member of your family is sick, STAY HOME.
● Do not eat any food you purchased in the market space.
● Wash your produce and wipe down any packaging with a disinfectant when you get home.
● All prepared foods must be ready to take away to eat off-site.
● All vendors & staff MUST USE GLOVES and regularly change them out throughout the day. If you run out of gloves at the event please let the managers know. We should have gloves available for you at the info tent.
● PLEASE regularly sanitize or wash your hands AT LEAST once per hour. We have a limited supply of hand sanitizer at the info tent and events will have hand washing stations available.
● All staff MUST WEAR MASKS of some sort throughout the day, in accordance wit the CDC recommendation regarding the use of cloth face coverings.
● Assign dedicated staff to manage money only and product only. Consult with event management if you only have one staff member present at event. We want to know so that if you or your staff get busy we can help handle product or run transactions in order to limit the amount of exposure between customers, your product and you or your staff.
● Implement contactless pay, pre-order/pickup, and other low-touch or no-touch options as much as possible.
● We have added hand washing stations at events, with hand sanitizer available at the market information table.
● Event managers will enforce social distancing by placing chalk or tape marks at 6 feet intervals to help with line management at vendor tents, and will remind shoppers as they enter the event, and throughout the event space.
● We will restrict the number of shoppers at the event when necessary and will limit the number of entry points to the event. Please check specific event details on each specific event page of this website.
● Managers are working with vendors to increase spacing between vendor tents and maintain one-way flow of traffic.
● Event managers will wipe down commonly used surfaces, such as the event information table, EBT redemption devices (phones, card swipers).